Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Back to knitting

Ok, I could not go yet another day with out updating this blog. I actually forget about having it.

I have been busy making baby hats. I am now involved with another woman who together, her and I, are making baby hats, booties, burial gowns, and Chemo hats for the patients of Hershey Medical Center in Hershey Pa. I am always knitting. I think it is keeping me sane on some days. So why not have someone else benefit from it?? I have only ever sold one thing. Everythign else I have ever made I have given away. Selling it ( at least for me) takes all the fun out and puts pressure in.

I want to knit for my family. However, my family thinks I am insane for knitting all the time. They just don't understand the zen like feeling you get from creating something beautiful. Their loss.

Yesterday I tookthe kids to the community pool, and while they were busy frolicking , I finished 2 more baby hats. My partner in the Hershey undertaking has gone away for the summer, and will not return until September. She knits and crochets FAST. So I need to be busy everyday so I have a good stock pile of 'donateables' ready when she returns. I just don't want her to feel like she is doing all the work.

This week? Well, yesterday was the only day this week ( this includes until next Monday) that I was 'free from baseball' and what did I do? I worked the concession stand at the baseball field for 5 hours. I am not complaining, I actually enjoyed doing it. This leads me to today. I will have at Least one baseball game everyday fromnow till next week. You know what that means right???
LOTS OF KNITTING TIME!!!!

btw: I have found a contest on a fantastic blog that you MUST subscribe to. It is full of beautiful knitting and fun bantering. here is a link:

http://darcyknottyknitter.blogspot.com/

No comments: