Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Starting a 'Tankini Top' soon...


Well, I have decided to 'take the plunge' so to speak. and try to make my own swimwear for this upcomming season. I have found a top that I am absolutely in love with that I will modify ( hopefully LOL) and make it work for swimwear. I emailed the designer, and she says she never wrote the pattern down... however, the great ladies at crochetville.org have notified me that indeed a pattern does exist out there and in in a book at Amazon, not quite the same top, but will do. So I have purchased the book, and I have been notified that is was shipped yesterday....... now the waiting begins. 4 to 14 days to arrive. I think the pony express was faster, but that is ok. I don't even have the materials purchased yet! I have been trying to design my own top. This is WAY out of my league, but somehow has not stopped me from trying. I have the 'cups' done. but they are two different shapes LOL. I will 'add on' and make it work somehow LOL. The loacl library is trying to start a knitting / crocheting group .... they had a sign up list, but my name was the oly one on it > Huge dissapointment there........... but I will show up today and see what comes of it. Can't hurt to try. Here is a pic of the top I wanted to make..... It is gorgeous isn't it???

No comments: