Monday, November 3, 2008

November Already!!

I have been busy knitting. Knitting just about anything. I have been working on a 'Shrug', and it was from a pattern that really did not offer specifics on how much yarn it requires. So I get quite a bit done, and start making the other end, well, I have the other end done and have a tennis ball size of yarn 'left over' which I could have used in the back portion of the shrug. Now I am contemplating ripping the 6 1/2 inches of the other end off and working most of the tennis ball sizre of yarn into the shrug just so I am sure that the shrug will cover the cleavage nicely instead of making it look like a push up bra. I know I will frogg. I just don't want to do it. LOL I have people on Ravelry waiting for me to post specifics IE How muych yarn, guage, the fit. maesurements Etc. so I don't want to make them wait anymore, but I know if I leave it the way it is right now, I won't wear it anyway. so soon I will be hearing 'TINK, Tink, Tink' yippee.


Also I am working on 10 coffee cup cozies and mug rug sets for my husbands office workers for Christmas. I have Half of them done so far. I am using the 'teeny coaster' pattern from ravelry and also the mug cozy pattern from there.

To top this all off, I am trying to make a sweater set for a set of twins due in Dec or Jan ( I can't remember exactly when they are to arrive) I found a new bootie pattern on Ravelry seemless made from the cuff down, so I will be trying that pattern ( It was just posted on Nov 1st) and I need to make little hats to go also. I am using Bernat Super Value with Improved Softness ( and it IS soft!) in a white and gray twist colorway. #53043 There is no 'name' for this color on the label. I have one sweater done, with the exception of having to add 2 or three buttons to it yet. The second sweater already has the collar and sleeves done and I am working on the back today. I will try to locate the name of the pattern and post it here next visit.

With the change of seasons here, I have made banana bread, Beer bread, 2 loaves of regular white bread, pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting and I am going to try to get some app[le pies made today. Just not enough hours in the day!!!

No comments: